In this next interview in my series of The Creative Professional, I host Trena Little. Trena first caught my attention through her Pins on Pinterest about growing your YouTube channel. She has helped me with my own start-up with her YouTube channel Tips with Trena. Her Facebook group, Video Biz Crew, is also a great place to learn how to grow your video marketing game.
Lately, Trena has been coaching people in using TubeBuddy, a plugin for YouTube. TubeBuddy is a great tool for helping you research video topics, tag them, and even has checklists from top YouTubers. It’s a great tool.
Here are my takeaways from the interview:
- Research your video topics BEFORE you make them.
- Tag your videos appropriately.
- Use your limited free time wisely.
- Leverage the strengths of different platforms.
- Create micro-content until you’re ready for bigger content.
- Know that some of your early content will make you cringe, but do it anyway.
So those are the highlights for this interview. Please watch it for yourself.
Also, do yourself a favor and visit Trena’s site for more of her tips. She will help you with all the things you need to grow your video marketing.